Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 - My Motto is....


Hooray!  You’ve made it through one day! Did you make something cool?  I hope so.  I hope the prompt got you thinking really hard about why you create and why you would like to do a 365.  Did your creation reflect your power word?

For day 2, I thought it might be nice to take a look at where we are right now.  This will be really interesting at the end of the 365 when we take a look back at just how far we’ve come.  For this reason, I chose the title “My Motto is….” 



As you can see on my entry, I actually wrote out one motto (one of my favorite sayings), but I actually changed my mind mid-creation.  Rather than start it over, I used the change as part of my work.  The original quote I used was “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”.  I love this saying, and it truly is a motto of mine.  Unfortunately, my fears often override that motto, and so I really live my life more like “Better safe than sorry.”  This is the great thing about doing meditative/theraputic art – sometimes the truths compose the art, but sometimes the art shows you the truth.  I really had not thought of this tendency until I started working on this page.  Yes, I know I’m terribly indecisive, but doing this prompt really made me look at it from another angle.  Coming to the realization that I live my life in “safe” mode instead of trying something new is a good first step in realizing my power word.

Have you guessed what it is yet? 

I hope this gives you a little insight into what we’re looking for in your posts…now go do something creative, and don’t forget to upload it to our Flikr.com group!

No comments: