Monday, June 2, 2014

I Do


Today is the 2nd, and that means it’s time for the monthly Craft Squad blog hop.  If you came from Lisa Loves to Stamp, you are in the right place.  This month, our theme is “I Do,” and I thought it would be nice to take a break from all the page layouts and do some cards for a change.



Both of these cards use very little in the way of supplies.  For this first card, I used Stampin’ Up punches to create the flowers from white cardstock and acetate (transparency film).  I then edged the flowers with Stickles.  The sentiment is off-set on the same shape punched in black and popped up with foam dots. All this is set on an embossed background.  Simple, and quite elegant, I think.



The second card is a little more casual.  I used a piece of paper from DCWV’s Old World stack as the background.  The shapes were punched from scraps with assorted punches and dies.  I used liquid pearls to accent the scalloped circle, but you could use real pearls, too.  The stamps used on both cards are from Stampin’ Up.



I hope you enjoyed my cards today.  Please follow the link to Treasure Chest of Memories to continue with the rest of the hop.  The hop will be available through June 5, and my regularly scheduled posts will return on the 6th.  If you’d like to see more of my projects, please visit the archives, which you can access using the widgets on the left.

No comments: