Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 21 – Whoops!


If you’ve been following along with my blog while we explore LOAD 514, you may have noted a wide range of styles and embellishments.  I’ve done a few pages with a lot of bling, flowers, or other embellishments, but I’ve done quite a few with almost no embellishments at all, too.  I know that one of the trends is to use a lot of different embellishments all stacked up in clusters, but for me, that style doesn’t always work.  I like my embellishments to have a purpose.  I feel like they should be a part of the story, not just something pretty to look at.  

Today’s “Whoops” page has almost no embellishments at all, and I don't think it really needs any.  The paper, the title, and the “splash” of bling all help accentuate the story of how I got my phone wet.  And since the focus of the story was the phone, I decided the best way to use this out-of-focus photo was to give it a little perspective and pop it up.

I popped up the phone in the photo by printing a second copy of the photo,
cutting it out, and adhering it over the original photo with foam squares.
To give it perspective, I only put the foam under the top 3 corners, and I
tucked the bottom corner into a slit in the photo underneath.


What is your embellishment style?  Are you the “many embellishments of all kinds” type, the “barely any embellishments at all” type, or something in between?

No comments: