Saturday, February 2, 2013

LOAD 213


Yesterday was the first day of LOAD 213, the first Layout-A-Day challenge for 2013.  For the entire month of February, I will be creating a scrapbook layout every day and posting it to the Flickr group for LOAD 213.  This is the third time I’ve done this challenge, and I’m really excited, although I’m more than a little nervous about all the work I’ll be doing trying to keep up with this blog, the art journal for the 365, and LOAD.  It’s going to be a real challenge, but I look forward to it!

Today’s prompt was to create a layout with no words – no title, no journaling, no caption.  I found this picture right off and decided to myself that it really needed no explanation, especially if I used this Eagle Scout paper.  I had a second piece of the paper and used it to cut out the Eagle medal and pop it up.  Yes, there are words on the paper (on the medal), but I feel like they don’t count because they are part of the embellishment.  I made the medallions from scraps left over from another scout page.  I also inked the glitter paper stars to give them a more muted/bronze look instead of the straight silver.



If you are interested in LOAD 213, I’m sure it’s not too late to join, albeit a day late.  Just click on the logo below for more information.



http://www.layoutaday.com/load213/

No comments: