Tuesday, February 12, 2013

365 Week 7


What was I thinking?!  This week I’ve been trying to decide just how crazy I really am for taking on not only a 365 challenge, but also Layout A Day  (LOAD 213), and, just this past week, a giant scrapbooking garage sale.  This is on top of planning and organizing all the other Crafty Neighbor events that we have planned and my other job as a travel agent.  Needless to say, I’ve been a bit scattered, and my work is showing it.  It was a real struggle to get some of these pages done, but I did, and I’m ready to move on to the next set.  Here’s what I’ve been up to this week:

The color yellow

When I think of the color yellow, I think of bright, sun-shiny days, so I couldn’t resist painting this giant sun on my page.  It gave me some practice in using the acrylic paints (something I haven’t done in years) and I also wanted to try my hand at filling a space with journaling.  Not all of my pages have journaling on them, but I do feel like it is an integral process of the journal, and I want to fill it with as much journaling and symbolism as I can.


Fate

This prompt was a little difficult for me, because I wanted to examine what I really thought about fate versus chance versus free will.  I didn’t initially intend for the person to have no head, but I already used the head in another entry and I never could find another one that fit.  After sort of meditating on the question while I worked, I still had no concrete answer.


My parents

As the questions get more personal, I find that I have to curb my initial reaction to the prompts and try to be more artistic and symbolic in my answers.  There’s a lot of symbolism in this one.  The flower petals were made from a rain drops stencil.  The centers of the flowers were made with punches.


My favorite holiday

Sometimes I get a prompt and I know exactly what I want to do with it.  This was one of them.  I used a mask to create the tree and then used a sponge to ink the entire background blue.  The snowflakes were stamped in white pigment ink.  After removing the mask, I decided to paint the tree and journal in it.


Daily…

I had fun matching up my gear stamps to each other on the page.  I also used a stencil to sponge some additional accents onto the page.  The journaling block was torn from an empty checkbook register.  I tried my hand at a different font, which was also fun.




Chores

This page was a little challenging.  I knew right away I wanted to use some magazine clippings to represent some of my many chores, but then when I clipped them I wasn’t sure what to do with them.  I also wanted to fill the entire background with journaling, and the more clippings I had, the less journaling I could use.  I wrote out my text several times, and just kept editing it until I could get it down small enough to fit on the one page.  Wow!  It was a lot of work!


An arm and a leg

After seeing Christen do pages where she mixed and matched faces and body parts, I thought it would be fun to do a little myself.  I really didn’t have any kind of journaling or thoughts about the prompt, so I thought of changing the arms and legs on the cut outs.  I used parts from at least four different pictures.  I also used Tim Holtz tissue tape, stamps, ink, green paint, and green glimmer mist.


I had fun with these prompts, but I really will be glad when LOAD 213 is over.  That extra project every day is wearing me out!  Will we make it through next week’s prompts?

  • Do I dare?
  • A promise never kept
  • Winter means….
  • Time for...
  • What the world needs now…
  • A photo of me laughing
  • Luck
Good luck!

No comments: