Thursday, February 14, 2019

Last Minute Cards Made Easy!

Hey, do you procrastinate making those handmade Valentine’s Day cards? Or are you like me, and you’re so busy, you just haven’t had time until now?  I have a bad habit of not making my cards until the day arrives, and I know there are others like me, so I wanted to send out a quick post to share a couple of ideas.  You could make these cards this afternoon, and no one would be the wiser!



I used products I had on hand for both of these fun cards, so it’s a great way to use up a few scraps! All you need is a pretty embossing folder (or two if you want them to be different), a background stamp, two different sized heart punches, a heart die (or use the large punch on both cards), some bakers twine, a bit of ribbon, your sentiments, an assortment of cardstock, and ink.  Oh, and don’t forget pop dots or dimensional foam adhesive to add interest.




I used mostly Stampin’ Up products for this, because that’s what I had on hand, including the papers, both punches, and ink.  I can't remember where the larger heart die came from.  The embossing folder was an old Stampin' Up folder called Elegant Bouquet. The background stamp was Gorgeous Grunge, which retired a few years back.  “Love” was from Close to My Heart’s #C1480 from the Roxieworkshop. “I HEART YOU” is from the Stampin’ Up And Many More set.

So what are you waiting for? Go make those cards!

No comments: