Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Fling Winners!


Hey Neighbors! Thanks for participating in our Busy Chicks Spring Fling Blog Hop last week!  As you may recall, we had some awesome prizes being offered up by our participating blogs, including one from yours truly!  So without any further adieu, please congratulate 

Vicki Townley

Vicki is the winner of a $150 voucher towards scrapbooking and group fees on any Crafty Neighbor Scrapbooking Cruise!  Vicki, please contact me to claim your prize!  You will find my email address on my website here.

If you would like to see the entire list of winners, please revisit all of our participating blogs or "Like" the Busy Chicks networking group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Busychicks


Now, if you visited my blog yesterday, you know that I've started in on a new hop this month, hosted by The Craft Squad.  This month’s theme is “Brought to You by the Color Green” and you'll see several different takes on that theme as we hop through the participating blogs.  If you want to start at the beginning, please visit Stamp-Patty at http://www.stamppattys.com.  Feel free to comment on what you see!  We'd love to hear from you!

As promised, in celebration of my March birthday boys, here is a somewhat masculine birthday card.  I made this one a while back for a family friend.  The balloon was a Quickutz die cut.  I used some scrap paper left over from a page layout, and the distressed edging on the sentiment was from some roll-on rub-ons I bought a long time ago and never use.  I think what makes this card more masculine is the colors and the simplicity.  By using darker, muted colors, it has a more quiet and subdued feel.  The balloon gives it a little celebratory kick, but since that's all there is, it's not over the top or loud.  This same card can be "quietly feminine" by using soft pastels or other muted colors.



If you're wondering why I've done so many projects using old supplies lately, you should know that I'm a "waste-not-want-not" kind of gal.  I've been on a kick lately to try and use all this stuff I've bought.  I can't just keep buying new stuff without doing something with the old.  So with each project, I'm trying to incorporate at least one thing that I've had for a while, and eventually it will all get used up.  It's become especially apparent that I need to do this as I've gone through this renovation of my work room.  I know a lot of crafters would just toss this old stuff or put it in a garage sale, but I spent good money on it, so I need to use it, right?  

That's all for today.  Don't forget to jump into The Craft Squad blog hop!  The beginning is on Stamp-Patty's page at http://www.stamppattys.com.




No comments: