Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spring Fling Blog Hop



Hi there!  Welcome to Crafty Neighbor!  If you are here today as part of the Busy Chicks Spring Fling Blog Hop, you have come to the right place.  If you want to start at the beginning, please hop over to The Little Blue House, where Miss Tracy will tell you all about our little hop and how you can win some fabulous prizes from our participating blogs.  We have 13 wonderful businesses from the North Texas area participating in the blog this time, and I know you’ll just love some of the prizes we’ll be giving away -- including a prize from me -- a $150 cruise voucher good towards classes and group fees on one of our scrapbooking cruises!






If you’ve visited this blog before, welcome back, Neighbor! If this is your first time to Crafty Neighbor, welcome, and please allow me to introduce myself…I’m Cindy Murray, and I am the owner of Crafty Neighbor and Crafty Neighbor Travel.  I often call myself an event organizer, but really, Crafty Neighbor is so much more than that.  Remember the old-fashioned quilting bees and barn-raising parties?  That’s the way I view the crafting.  I like to see crafters coming together to learn new techniques, scrapbook at different venues, and meet new friends. I host crops, retreats, classes, workshops, and even scrapbooking cruises and garage sales -- my mission is to bring crafters together and to support the scrapbooking and paper-crafting industries.  In the digital age, we’re all neighbors now, right? 

In my spare time, I also run this blog, which I like to view as a source of news, tips, tricks, and inspiration for scrapbooking and paper-crafting of all kinds. If you are curious about the kinds of posts I usually do, you can access the archives on the left or you can search for posts by specific topics just below that.  Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!

If you started at the beginning, you’ll know that Miss Tracy has instructed you to collect flowers for your "Pick-Me" Bouquet.  I chose the Iris in honor of the ones growing in my own flowerbeds -- heirloom plants that have been in my family for many generations, I’ve dug them up and brought them with me wherever we’ve moved. 

I did a little research hoping to find a clever tutorial to share with you on how to make a paper iris using punches or something, and I was really surprised at just how many different kinds of projects turned up with the search term “paper iris”.  I found Iris fold cards , Mechanical Iris greeting cards, and even an Origami Iris, which I made, but was not happy with. 
Finally, I searched my Cricut fonts for “iris” and found a lovely die cut on the 50 States cartridge, so I opted to make a card for you today.

DId you know that the Iris is the state flower of Tennessee?


If you like my card and you want to see more crafty posts, please follow my blog by using one of the subscription links on the left.  You can also find me on Facebook, Flickr, and you can even join our mailing list. 

Now, don’t forget to pick your flower from this page and then hop on over to the Very Vintage Retreat  to pick a flower there.  Thanks for stopping by, and Good Luck!






2 comments:

Mama said...

I love the paper iris! I made some from old maps for the centerpieces at my sister's wedding. They were beautiful!
I'd love to participate in The Busy Chicks Spring Fling Blog Hop this March, but I can't seem to find anything about it at the LBH blog.

Crafty Neighbor said...

Hi Sara! Looks like you stumbled onto one of our old blog hop posts! The "Iris" post was from March of 2014. We did the hop with a bunch of different scrappin' businesses in the DFW area. Looks like the blog that followed me has taken down her links. Sorry for the inconvenience! If you want to check out the other blogs in the hop, you can start at Miss Tracey's original post here: http://www.thelittlebluehouseblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/spring-fling-blog-hop-begins-today.html There is a link to all the blogs and websites in the hop.