Monday, February 10, 2014

The Little Things


Hey Neighbors!  Thanks for stopping by our blog during The Craft Squad blog hop!  I hope you enjoyed all the projects we prepared for you and that you’ll come back to visit more often.  Some of the blogs in our hop post daily, so be sure to subscribe so you won’t miss any of the great projects we post in the future.  You can subscribe to the Crafty Neighbor “Neighborhood Gossip” blog using the gadget boxes over on the left. 

In the mean time, I wanted to announce that the winner of the blog hop is:

Jean Bullock

Jean wins a prize from each of our participating blogs.   Jean please contact us with your mailing address so we can send your prizes!

As you know, our theme for the hop was “Love is in the Air”, but LOAD is what’s on my mind -- both the virtual kind and the figurative.  I started LOAD this month with high hopes of completing all 28 layouts (one for each day), but after getting a call that my father suffered a heart attack last night, I have a different kind of load on my mind.  That said, I’m going to be posting a few of my LOAD layouts that I’ve done to date and I’ll try to catch back up, but if I miss a day or two, I hope you won’t mind.

A family crisis sure makes you appreciate all the little things, and that was exactly the topic of LOAD Day 2.  Lain challenged us to scrapbook about the little things, and I chose this picture of my son enjoying an ice cream after a very challenging week away at college.



I’ve been trying to keep my LOAD pages simple since I haven’t had a lot of time to work on them.  This one was a little extra challenging because it’s supposed to go in my son’s college scrapbook, which I’m doing in his school colors of maroon and white.  Luckily, I found this paper which is maroon with blue, pink and cream polka dots.  The ice cream embellishments were created with Stampin’ Up’s Mouthwatering stamp set.

One of the reasons I do LOAD every year is because it challenges me to do pages I wouldn’t have thought of other wise.  I’m terribly guilty of tackling my family scrapbooks in a chronological order, devoting most of my attention to the big events: births, birthdays, weddings, graduations, etc.  And while those things are important, it’s really the little things that tend to mean the most to us when we think back on our lives, and they are the things that make us who we are.  So be sure to document all those little things…like the time your sister got gum in her hair or the joy of eating your favorite comfort food or even the relief of getting to work and finding your lost iPhone right there on your desk.  You’ll be glad you did!


No comments: