Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Love is in the Air


Welcome to Crafty Neighbor’s “Neighborhood Gossip” blog, and welcome to The Craft Squad’s monthly blog hop.  The hop starts right here, so grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage, and get ready to visit some fun and fabulous blogs from The Craft Squad.  And be sure to read through to the end to find out how you can win one of the prizes we’ll be giving away on each of the blogs.



If you are new to Crafty Neighbor, my name is Cindy Murray, and I am the owner of Crafty Neighbor and Crafty Neighbor Travel.  I host crops, retreats, classes, workshops, and even scrapbooking cruises and garage sales, but my real mission is to bring crafters together and support the scrapbooking and paper-crafting industries by providing fun and unique opportunities to learn new techniques, scrapbook at different venues, and meet new friends.  I also run this blog, which I like to view as a source of news, tips, tricks, and inspiration for scrapbooking and paper-crafting of all kinds. 

Our February blog theme is “Love is in the Air”, and we are, of course, referring to Valentine’s Day, which is coming up in less than two weeks.  I decided this would be a good opportunity to use my time wisely and make my Valentine for my own sweet husband, Mark, so that’s what I’m sharing with you today.  I always like to make him a really special card, because he actually appreciates them.  And it doesn’t hurt that he brings me my favorite Valentine candy – Godiva Chocolates.  I just love those chocolates!  I love any chocolate, really, but the Godivas are so good, I have been known to buy them for him on Valentine’s Day just to be sure I got some!



This card is full of texture and color, but it was super easy to make.  I just cut a bunch of hearts of varying sizes from different papers, colored a Tim Holtz grungeboard “U” and glossed over it with Diamond Glaze, and stuck it all together.  A list of the materials used is available for download by clicking here.

I hope you liked my card.  If you would like to see some of my previous posts and projects, scroll down to the “Blog Archives” on the left, or you can search for posts by specific topics just below that.  Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!  You can also find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/craftyneighbor, on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/c1ndyluhu/, or on the web at http://www.craftyneighbor.com.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!  Be sure to subscribe using one of the links on the left to be eligible to win one of our awesome prizes! 

HOW to WIN:
Beginning today February 5th through February 9th, simply visit each of the sites listed below.  Become a follower of their blog or sign up for their newsletter. Read the post and look for a Valentine’s candy treat (a different candy will be mentioned on each blog). As you hop from site to site, you must collect ALL the candies! When you are done, you will send your name and candy list to:


Your email is your entry to win a prize from one of our seven participating blogs!!!!  The winners will be announced on Monday, February 10th on each of the blogs.

Here’s the list of participating blogs
The 'Thrifty & Organized' Scrapper with I Finally Got It Right INC.
http://www.ifinallygotitrightproductsinfo.com/origami-owl/love-is-in-the-air-with-origami-owl

That’s it for now, so be sure to hop on over to the next blog: Stamp-Patty's at http://www.stamppattys.com/2014/02/love-is-in-air.html  Patty Chenail will have another candy for you to collect.

Don't forget to become a follower and Good Luck!!!

No comments: