Monday, December 9, 2013

Exchange of Plans


The plan for today’s blog was to show you some of the door decorations we used on the cruise.  Unfortunately, at the time of writing this post, I am actually trying to get myself in bed so I can hit the road first thing in the morning, so I’m really tired, and wanted to do something quick instead.  So I thought this would be the perfect time to introduce you to one of our cruise swaps.

We always have some sort of swap or exchange on our cruises, sometimes several.  This year was no exception.  Since our cruise was during the holiday season, we thought it might be fun to do an ornament swap.  Here’s the ornament I made:


I started with an 88¢ plastic bulb I bought at Wal-Mart.  To that I added some peel-off stickers by Magenta Style.  The stickers are very easy to apply, and very forgiving if you get them stuck in the wrong spot.  Once I had all the stickers where I wanted them, I colored the negative space in the stickers with special markers which were also made by Magenta Style.  I tied a bow on the finished project (not pictured). 

It really was that simple, and I enjoyed it so much that I had to make a few more.  I hope you’ll enjoy it, too!


No comments: