Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I {Heart} Stamp Club!


Have I ever mentioned my stamp club?  I am so lucky that I get to play hostess to a group of ladies every month for a Stampin’ Up card/stamp club taught by the one and only Sharon Armstrong.  I love getting together with a lot of crafty people and learning new crafty things!  We have a card swap each month, using a pre-set theme, and then we make cards or other projects that Sharon brings us.  Here’s a few of the cards we swapped this month.










I just love seeing everyone else’s interpretation of the theme, which, if you couldn't tell, was "Invitations".  These are some really crafty ladies!  And in case you didn't notice, that last one is actually made from a coaster!  Our very own Christen made that.  Isn't it just too cute?!

Another thing I love about stamp club is that I learn something new just about every time we get together.  This week, we learned a little about Stampin’ Up’s new ink pads.  They’re made out of a new felt-type material, so they are really juicy and you don’t have to tap your stamp into them as hard as you did with the older pads.  Here are the cards we made tonight.





Before all the stamp club ladies got here today, I was going through some emails.  One of my discussion groups has been sharing photos of their work spaces and I shared a link to my blog where I had posted some pictures of the crop room a while back.  But as I typed up my reply, I took a look around my room and was kind of shocked and ashamed at what a mess my room was.  Of course, I had to clean it all up before the stamp club ladies got here.  So I guess one of the things I really like about having stamp club here every month is that at least I know my room will get cleaned up before hand! 

Seriously, though, if you haven’t joined a scrapbooking or cardmaking group, you are really missing out.  Everything I know about scrapbooking I learned from other scrapbookers, and if you are crafting alone, then how will you ever learn anything new?  I encourage all scrapbookers and cardmakers to get out there and find a group where you can socialize, try new products, and learn how to create all kinds of things.  Organized crops and events are a great way to learn new ways to use your old supplies.  Some groups have swaps, and many even trade supplies!  Meetup.com is a great place to look for groups in your area, or check your local scrapbook store or in-home consultants like Creative Memories, Stampin’ Up! And Close to My Heart.

If you live in the Dallas area, don’t forget to come out for our scrapbook garage sale!  We’ll be at the Girl Scout office at 6001 Summerside Drive, Dallas from 9:00 AM until 3 PM, Saturday, July 7.  All our seller spaces are full, so that means there is going to be a ton of stuff for you to buy at dirt cheap garage sale prices!

Also, registration is now open for our Pam’s Pals benefit crop to fight breast cancer.  Come on out and spend the whole day with us raising money for this great cause.  For more information, check out our website at:  http://www.craftyneighbor.com/retreats/2012/pamspals12/2012pink.html

No comments: