Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One Week Down!

Yep, that's right!  I've made it through my first week of the LOAD 212 challenge and have completed a layout each day.  I must say, it's been fun, but it's been a challenge, too.  I start a little bit earlier each day, but somehow that layout expands to fill the time I have left to create it!  Oh well, I'm really happy with the layouts I've come up with so far.  The prompts have been good in that I've started working on a lot of stuff I probably would have put off for a long time, plus they get me thinking about the journalling I want to put on the layout.

Yesterday's prompt was "I always thought...."  It tied right in to some misconceptions I had about my family health history, the reasons behind my recent Susan G. Komen 3-Day experience, and what impact it would have on my life.



Today's prompt was a little harder.  "I miss..." says so much, and I had so many things to choose from.  I thought about doing something light and fun, like picking all my favorite restaurants in my old hometown.  Then I thought about a pet page of my lovely Aussie Shepherd that's no longer with us.  I even thought about my grandfather and my great grandmother, but then I thought about my dear high school friend, Belle, and everything just fell into place.  I think it turned out great and it said everything I needed it to say. And I can always come back to those other "I miss" layouts another day.

No comments: