Thursday, February 2, 2012

And We Have Lift-off!

Okay, so you know that I decided to join the LOAD (Layout a Day) challenge for February, right?  Well, today's prompt was, "You've got good taste", and Lain suggested layouts about food.  I knew I had lots of pictures of food stored in these umpteen boxes of older photos, so the hunt was on.  I found some pictures that I thought would work, made a quick search through my paper and had something perfect.  That was this morning.  My plan was to work on the layout this evening, so I was really pleased with myself for already having a head start.

So later this evening, I whipped out a cute and very simple page.  I tried to keep it as quick and effortless as possible.  After all, the idea is to get it DONE, not make it the most beautiful layout I've ever done, right?  So here's what I came up with:


And I bet you're saying, "Well that doesn't have a darned thing to do with 'Great Taste'!"  Admit it!  And you're right, but that's the point of the challenge.  You don't have to create something on the theme presented.  The prompt is just that -- a prompt.  Something to get you thinking; to get the creative juices flowing.  I really was looking for some good food pictures, but when I saw these, I knew I could do something quick and cute, and that's really all I wanted for my first LOAD day.

Gee, this was easy.  Now I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: