Monday, February 6, 2012

Every Page Does NOT Have to Be a Masterpiece!

As you may have noticed, there was no blog post yesterday.  While I did manage to complete my Layout-A-Day, I ran out of time to upload it to the blog due to the arrival of company for a Super Bowl party.  I just barely managed to get the layout uploaded to the LOAD group before everyone started showing up!  Lesson learned:  Start early on the layout in case something happens!

Sundays theme was "...the more things stay the same."  My adaptation features Mark and Christen.  I planned to do up a list of all the ways they are similar, but after I wrote the journalling, I decided to leave it just the way it was.  It's kind of sweet, and it fits.


For Monday, our theme was "Little Girl Dreams".  I didn't have a lot of time to work on a page today, so I thought I'd do something simple -- a repeat of a page I did in scrapbooks for my mother and mother-in-law several years ago.  The basis was a story my daughter wrote in elementary school after having watched a bunch of episodes of "Freddy's Nightmares" on TV with my mother.  In the previous two albums, I did 8x8 pages that included some halloween pictures and a typewritten adaptation of the story. For my LOAD challenge page, I decided to include the original manuscript along with the typewritten essay, some light journalling by me, a photo of Freddy Kreuger, and a copy of the picture she drew to go with the story.  It was all very simple, and I whipped out the whole thing in less than 30 minutes, start to finish, including the search for a photo of Freddy.  It's a good thing it didn't take very long to do, because I completely forgot to do my layout until 10:00pm and I had it finished and uploaded by 11:00!  

Lesson learned:  Start early on the layout in case something happens!



So yeah, it's not the best page I ever made, but in reality, how much could I do to make it better?  Buttons and flowers and bows just don't fit, and I really don't think it needs to be any scarier or creepier since it's going in my daughter's book.  Keeping it simple works just fine.

Lesson #2:  You're not Da Vinci.  Every page does not have to be a masterpiece!


Do you like the projects you see on this blog?  Want to see more?  All our project photos can be viewed on our Picasa Web Album.

No comments: