Saturday, February 6, 2016

Layout a Day!

I can’t believe it’s already February.  Do you know what February means?  Layout-A-Day (LOAD), of course!

What is LOAD?  It’s only the most fun, challenging, and best scrapbooking challenge out there!  LOAD is hosted by Lain Ehman, founder of True Scrap and Scrap Happy.  Each February, Lain brings us a month-long challenge to create at least one layout every day.  Each challenge is themed, so she gives us prompts that we can use, bend, or just throw away.  The prompts are designed to help you think outside the box – to create pages you might not have thought of creating – and to generally just get you started.  Our finished layouts get posted to a Flickr group so we can all admire everyone’s work, and in the end we’ll wind up with a whole bunch of finished pages, some fresh ideas for even more pages, and maybe even a few new friends.  Oh, and I mustn’t forget the prizes! 

In the past, Lain has also run this challenge in May and October, and I have delightfully participated, which has really helped me grow as a scrapper.  Unfortunately, I hear this is Lain’s last year to host it.  She is passing the torch to someone else.  I hope the new hostess will be as fun, challenging, and organized as Lain has been.  I look forward to participating in years to come.

So for LOAD 216 (February 2016), the theme is Around the World in 29 days.  Lain is pulling ideas from world travel to create her daily prompts.  Our prompt for Day 1 was based on the colors of the flag of the Netherlands: red, white and blue.  Being the patriot that I am, I had to do a page about Independence Day and a new tradition we’ve started in our family.





If you are interested in LOAD, you can get more info at LayoutADay.com, and you can look back at all the pages I’ve done over the years by typing “LOAD” into the search box at the top of the page, or by clicking on the word “LOAD” in the tags cloud at the bottom of the page.

No comments: