Friday, November 20, 2015

Games People Play

Hey Crafty!  I hope you’ve been following along the last few days while we celebrate my daughter’s birthday, celebrate life, and take a closer look at a Crafty Neighbor Scrapbooking Cruise.  If you’re paying attention, you can win your choice of either a $50+ goodie bag of scrappy goodness, or a $25 gift certificate good towards any Crafty Neighbor Event.  You didn’t know YOU could get gifts for someone else’s birthday, did you?!  For all the details, go back to my blog post on November 18.

When kids are little, we often have games at their birthday parties, but grownups like to play games, too, so we always have some fun things going on during our Crafty Neighbor cruises.  One of my favorites is Cruise Ship Bingo, which is actually more like a scavenger hunt on a bingo card.  I just love the clever ways ladies find to prove their Bingos!

Speaking of scavenger hunts, Royal Caribbean hosts a fantastic audience participation game called the Quest that we love to attend as a group.  It can get pretty funny watching your best friend stand up to do something you never thought they would do in a million years.  Let’s just say this game is adults only, and it will make you laugh until you cry.




Instructor, Karrie Allen laughs as her husband jumps down from the audience to participate in The Quest


Secret Sister, card swaps, tag swaps…we just love to give stuff away, don’t we?  This year we had a tag swap and a Secret Sister swap.  Some scrappers can get pretty sneaky about leaving little gifts for their sisters.  I love this game, even though I can’t participate.  Why, you ask?  Because I know who all the sisters are.  Of course, that didn’t stop a few special someones from leaving goodies for me anyway now and then.  Weren’t they sweet?


My sweet roommate, Sixta, left this little goodie for me!


The tag swaps became popular a few years ago, and they are so much fun.  Here’s the tags I swapped.  My tags used gesso, cheesecloth, lace, chipboard, distress embossing powder, shells, pearls, yarn, distress inks, tissue paper, Dylusions ink spray, and more.    They were a complete and utter messy experiment!  Let’s just say I had to do a lot of scrubbing on my hands when I was done.



And here are some of the tags I collected from the swap.  Aren’t they beautiful?





Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope the tags have inspired you, and that you’re reading the blog so you can enter the contest on Saturday.  One more post, and then the contest form will be open for entries!

No comments: