Friday, October 17, 2014

More Scrap Projects and Gamsol

Twice this week, I have shared with you projects made from a single page kit I brought home from our last scrapbooking cruise.  Today I have two more projects to share that were made from the same scraps.  I think I added one piece of blue cardstock, but for the most part, that’s it.

The first one I did was this sympathy card.  This features a butterfly from my stamped image stash.  I wish I knew who made these butterfly stamps.  I have several of them that I bought several years ago when the Scrapbook Barn, a LSS near me, was open.  I would love to see if they still make them.  I know there were several others that I didn’t buy. 




This time, instead of using my Copics, I decided to color it with pencils and do the blending with Gamsol.  If you’ve never played with Gamsol, you should check out this video Colored Pencil Blending with Gamsol by Inky Antics.

My last project I will show you today is an 8x8 scrapbook page.  This is not a size I usually make, but I had a large piece of the blue cardstock left and it wasn’t the right size to make a card, so I decided to do a small-format page instead.  I think this is a great use of scrap paper because I can save up a bunch of these random pages, put them in a small album, and I have an instant gift for someone.  All it needs is a few embellishments and pictures!

 
The "for real...off the hook...we're solid" strip is the flip-side of the barcode strip from CTMH paper 

Question of the day:  Have you ever colored stamps with pencils or markers, and if so, what is your favorite method?

No comments: