Friday, May 3, 2013

Under the Knife


I’m just dropping in to pop out a quick blog post before packing for my National Scrapbook Day weekend with the Dallas Crafters Marathon.  I’m getting really excited about a whole weekend of cropping.  I really do get excited any time I can go crop away from home, and it’s always extra special to do it for a whole weekend with some really awesome ladies.  If you are in the Dallas area (or even if you’re not) check them out at DallasCraftersMarathon.com.  They generally meet once per month near the end of the month, but the April meet-up was moved one week later to take advantage of scrapbooker’s favorite holiday.

I’m a little bit disappointed that I won’t get to work on much of my own personal stuff this weekend.  I had planned to dig into one of my bigger scrapbooking projects like some of my cruise pages, but as it turned out, I got an order for one of my perpetual calendars last week, so I decided my time would more wisely be spent completing that so I can get it shipped out soon.  Besides, I have another weekend coming up when I go on retreat later this month.  So for this weekend, I’ll be finishing up the calendar, and if I complete that, I decided I would start on a Texas A&M calendar that I’ll donate to my Aggie Mom’s Club.  I’ve been meaning to make one for a long time, and this will be a good opportunity.

I will get to do at least some personal scrapbooking this weekend, too.  Since LOAD 513 is going on, I’ll need to complete a layout each day while I’m there.  I really don’t want to drag all my stuff with me just in case I might need it for one page, so I decided the next few layouts I do will have to be digital ones.  And as it just so happens, today’s layout is also digital because I didn't really know what I was going to do with the prompt “Knife” until 10:00 pm and I didn’t have any photos printed or anything. 



I really do like throwing an occasional digital page in with my other scrapbooking.  It adds interest to the book, and it allows me to try out some things that I just can’t do with paper.  I especially liked working with digital tonight, because I was in a hurry and I can see all my paper and supplies at a glance, and it’s very easy to put something down on the page and then remove it if I don’t like it.  It’s also nice to be able to resize something that’s just a little too big or too small. Best of all, the supply is not wasted because I used it, and I can use the same element over and over again in a lot of different ways.

Well, that's it for today.  I'll try to keep up with the posts over the weekend and hopefully I'll get to share with you some pictures of our National Scrapbook Day celebrations!

Elements of this layout were designed by Carrie Stephens, www.FishScraps.com, and from the Teal Tranquility collection at www.ComputerScrapbook.com.

No comments: