Monday, May 6, 2013

And Then There Were None...


I’m so sad.  National Scrapbook Day weekend is over and it’s back to reality for me.  I really do love getting away to scrapbook for a few days – I just get so little done here at the house any more.  When I can go to a crop or retreat, I can knock out a few projects that have been piling up, and I don’t have to feel guilty about not checking my email or taking care of the pile of bills on my desk.  When I’m home, I look at that pile of bills and the responsible side of me comes out.  I won’t make the time to scrapbook if there’s still work to be done, and since there’s always work to be done, I hardly ever get time to scrapbook.

This weekend, I actually got to combine a little of both.  I initially intended to work on one of my album projects this weekend, but I got an order for one of my perpetual calendars, so I decided to work on that instead.  I worked hard at it all weekend and it’s almost completely done.  Yes, I promise I will post pictures when it’s finished, but for now, you will have to be satisfied with my LOAD 513 project for Day 5.

Lain’s prompt today was a bit of a challenge for me, as I just couldn’t think of anything that fit, so I asked my husband to help me come up with an idea for “…and then there were none.”  He immediately suggested “fruitcake cookies,” and I knew at once it was the perfect topic for my page.



The patterned paper is form DCWV’s Old World stack.  The flowers were created with Stampin’ Up’s Triple Treat Flower stamp and assorted punches.  The colors used were Handsome Hunter, Lucky Limeade, Regal Rose and Riding Hood Red.  I’m not sure what brands of cardstock I used as it all came from my stash.

No comments: