Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Scrapping Weekend!

I love it when I get to have a scrappy weekend!  I just feel so much more rested to start out my Monday if I've had some quality time with all my pretty projects!  This weekend, I got scrappy and used up some real scraps!  

I've mentioned before that I like to use the leftovers from projects to make cards and tags because all the supplies already match.  Sometimes, if I have a lot of supplies leftover from a big project (like an entire 12x12 album made from one product line), I might make a card or two and then set it aside to use later. That's exactly what I did with a huge stack of Basic Grey's Lime Rickey.  I originally used this paper in a scrapbook album of my son's Boy Scout World Jamboree, but I still had tons of it left after making cards and tags.  So I've been whittling away at it for a couple of years now, and I still have supplies left!    I've made cards, tags, multiple scrapbook pages (to go in other albums)...you name it!  Recently, I even used some of it to make hundreds of kits to give away at conventions and other big scrapbooking events.

This weekend, I decided to use up all the scraps so that I wouldn't have anything left but full sheets of paper and matching cardstock.  I wound up making five cards and three tags, and in the process of making those, I found supplies to make a sixth card.  I think they turned out rather well, if I do say so myself!

 
Christen had this cute little stamp that features a bird on one side, and a cat on the other.  I've used the quote many times for cards with this paper, but hadn't used the actual stamp.  She was going to get rid of it in our recent garage sale, so I nabbed it.  I used the flip-side of the stamp on the inside.





For both of these first two cards, I inked only the words of the stamp using my markers and then punched it out with a  Stampin' Up! decorative label punch.  This card features the full stamp.


I loved this green paper and wanted to do some monochromatic cards with it.  The butterflies are Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die


The "birthday wishes" on this one was cut with the Spellbinders Nested Pennants die that I bought at the scrapbook garage sale last week.



While digging around in my green scraps for some pale green paper to make my butterflies out of, I found this piece of cardstock that was scored and ready to make a card.  I found a matching piece of paper from My Minds Eye and I used a set of the embossed butterflies that I had earlier discarded because I had tried an inking technique that didn't work.  Thank goodness for Copic markers...I colored them brown and they look great!





These are the tags I made with some of the scraps.  I have four sets of sticker embellishments that go with this paper pack, so it will be a fun challenge to see how many different ways I can use them up!





No comments: