Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Day

Here it is May already, and I just wanted to post a quick update to talk about LOAD 512.  The theme this time around is "Scrapbooking Outside the Box".  I don't know about you, but that makes me think that we are going to be put to the test on a daily basis.  I sure hope I'm up to it!  Today was the first challenge and I really did challenge myself on this one.  Rather than take an easy way out, I tried some new things, and I have to say I'm quite pleased with myself.  The prompt for today was "Self Portrait".  It would have been so easy to just find a photo of myself, slap it onto some paper and call it done, but I really wanted to explore the whole concept of a self-portrait.  In the truest sense, a self-portrait is an artist's interpretation of himself, so I thought about the way that we interpret and present ourselves to the public through social media and the use of avatars and profile pictures.  This lead me to create a digital page, which I seldom do.  I  really do like the results.  I think it totally captures what I was trying to get across.  What do you think?



Our big event this month is the National Scrapbook Day community crop party.  We are really working hard to bring the most awesome event to the Carrollton area.  We would love to have you join us!  You can get more info at CraftyNeighbor.com

And don't forget that we still have space in our awesome scrapbooking cruise to the Western Caribbean!  Prices start at just $455 per person for an inside cabin!  Get more info at CraftyNeighbor.com

2 comments:

Cliona Larkin said...

This is a fantastic layout. I absolutely love it. I have popped over from a Linkedin blog thred and I have just subscribed.

Crafty Neighbor said...

Welcome, Cliona! I'm a little behind on my blog posts right now -- it's been a busy month -- but look for some fresh layouts in the next couple of days!