Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Simple Cards and a Winner!

I think I posted more on this blog in February than I have since I started it.  Participating in the LOAD 212 challenge really gave me something to talk about and of course I had all those layouts to post.  Now here we are in March and I feel like I've barely posted at all!  So to make up for it, I thought I'd post some cards I made a week or two ago.  Four are birthday cards and the fifth is my swap for our April card swap (I'm ahead for once!) These are all really simple cards, and each one features some different technique.

I love embossing folders!  I got a Big Shot a while back and I've enjoyed embossing everything!



It's hard to see, but I used Copic markers for most of the coloring.  I used Glaze pens for the tires and silver parts.



This card was part of a challenge in an online group I joined recently:  Yahoo Groups; TXSB.  I used my Gypsy to weld two different pieces to create the flourish.  The rosette was made using the Tim Holtz die I recently purchased.



This card is actually parts from a card we were supposed to make in our monthly stamp club group, but our instructor accidentally left out a few parts, and by the time she got the parts to us, I had forgotten what the card looked like.  So I took the parts and made something entirely different.



This card uses a stamp set and honey pop paper sold by Inky Antics.  I just love these!  They remind me of my childhood.



And now for the winner of our prize drawing for a copy of the Tim Holtz "Distressables".....

The winner is:  Carol Labuski!  Carol, if you read this, please send me an email!

That's it for this time!  Watch for more cards and page layouts coming up in a few days!  Until then, please check out some of our older posts!

The Crafty Neighbor

No comments: