Friday, March 13, 2015

Simple Things

Sometimes I get behind on my blog because I simply do not have anything to post.  Or rather, I think I don't have anything to post.  I always try to find something interesting to share, or a project that I feel is worthy of your attention. When I get busy, I don't have time to write out an elaborate post or make a new project just for the blog.  And when that happens, I wind up not posting for a while.



But there's no rule that a blog post has to be a big, elaborate project or a long blog post.  Sometimes, it can just be something simple.  So today I share with you a very quick project I did for one of my clients.  I spent about an hour and a half figuring out the right color combos and stamp placements.  After that, I made about 3 dozen of these in a couple of hours.  The client is tickled, I took on a quick and easy job that I was able to finish, and I feel like I accomplished something.

So the next time you think you don't have time to scrapbook, remember...there's no rule that says you have to do a big, fancy, 2-page layout and finish it all tonight.  Just find something small to do, like writing up a bit of journaling, going back to those pages you set aside to finish later, or even sorting and editing photos.  Every little job counts, too.  And if you do a little bit every day, pretty soon you've accomplished a whole lot!

Supplies used: Stampin' Up Very Vanilla Card Stock, Very Vanilla seam binding, Tag Topper punch, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Crumb Cake inks, and the & from "Calling All Heroes" stamp set.  The Stamps of Life "calendar2build" stamp set. Close to My Heart "Cruisin'" stamp set. Assorted letter stamps.

No comments: