Wednesday, April 30, 2014

May Events


Wow!  I cannot believe how fast time flies!  This week, my son finishes up his 3rd year of college at Texas A&M University and will become officially a Senior!  Kids grow up so fast and it all just goes by in a blur, especially this time of year when there is so much going on.  I was just talking to him on the phone and realizing how much we have going on over the next couple of weeks.  I hope we can get it all done!

Thankfully, we won’t be dealing with graduation this year, but I know many of you are, so you are going to be thrilled to see that our topic for this month’s blog hop is “ConGRADuation”!  That starts on Friday, May 2, and I have three really cute projects for you, so I hope you’ll stop by to check them out!  If you do, please leave a note to let me know you were here!  I’d love to know what you think!




One big project I am dealing with this month is LOAD 514.  I’ve mentioned it before, and I hope you’ll take the time to check it out.  LOAD stands for Layout A Day, and it is one of the most fun and challenging online classes I have ever taken.  Founder Lain Ehman brings us a super fun and inspirational approach to scrapbooking with 31 days of layouts, prompts, and ideas.  Join hundreds of other scrappers in a private gallery where you can show off your work and get inspired by others.  This will be my 6th LOAD, and I just can’t wait!  It all starts on May 1st, but it’s not too late for you to join, too!  Just click the link below, and get ready to create lots of layouts in the month of May!




Look for lots of page layouts this month as I share with you some of my LOAD creations.  I am especially excited that LOAD is kicking off right around National Scrapbook Day, which is Saturday, May 3rd.  Normally, I would go to a crop or retreat somewhere, but I have family commitments this year, so if I can’t crop with everyone in person, at least I will get to participate online with all the LOADsters!  If you’re in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and you haven't made plans for National Scrapbook Day, then check out the navigation tab above.  There are some really great events going on this weekend!

And speaking of events…many people have been asking, and we finally have a date for our semi-annual Scrapbook Garage Sale!  Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 19!  We’ll be at the Girl Scout office again, Joann Fogg Service Center, 6001 Summerside Drive, Dallas, 75252.  The sale starts at 9AM and ends at 3PM.  Anyone interested in setting up a table to sell can find more information here: 




That’s it for now!  Come back May 2 for the start of our blog hop!

No comments: