Wednesday, October 23, 2013

National Cruise Vacation Week


Welcome back to my little blog.  I hope you all had fun hopping around to all the different blogs and websites during our “All Treats, No Tricks Blog Hop.”  We had lots of visitors over the last few days, and several new people have joined our followers.  I’m so glad to have you, and I hope you’ll stick around and see what other goodies I might have in store for you.

One very important bit of business we need to take care of before I move on to today’s project is our prize winner.  Can I get a drumroll, please?  The winner of a

$50 Gift Certificate
and an
Embellishment Grab Bag
is
Susan Ahern!

Susan, if you will please send me an email, I will make arrangements to get that prize to you.  As for the winners on the other blogs, you will find a complete list on the The Little Blue House, of if you have time, hop on through the blogs one more time – I’m sure everyone has new projects up for you to enjoy!

Many of you may know that I also happen to be a travel agent, and I host scrapbooking cruises.  I’ve been very busy this week because Sunday was the start of National Cruise Vacation Week, which is the world’s largest cruise sale.  Agents all over North America are hosting Cruise Night events, and selling lots of cruises.  For my own part, I am hosting an Open House and a Cocktail Party, so planning that has kept me very busy.  I am also hosting a virtual Cruise Night event through the end of the month.  If you are interested in cruising, you can find out more about it here.

So in honor of NCVW, I thought I’d treat you to a fun little layout I did a while back for one of my cruises.  It’s a very simple color-blocking technique.  I made the banner using Stampin’ Up’s banner punch.  The banner for the title is strung between multiple brads and I used some plastic letters, some of which I colored with Copic markers.  You can’t read it because of the flash reflection, but the block on the right reads, “Where’s the Shuffleboard?” – my reference to the fact that we looked all over the ship and never found the shuffleboard.





That’s it for today.  I hope you’ll come back soon!  I’ll be participating the the Linked In Blog Hop in November, and of course, I’ll have more cards, layouts and craft projects as often as I can post!

Now go create something!

No comments: