Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Art Journal 365


This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend Great American Scrapbook Convention, which is now part of Stitch Craft Create Live.  While I was there, I discovered the booth of Paper Wings Productions (cute stamps and some fun ephemera!) and met “Norma” (oh boy do I hope I remembered your name right!).  Norma is an art journalist and she had her lovely art journal on display in the booth.  She had some fabulously beautiful work, and I’m ashamed to say it reminded me how woefully neglected my own art journal has been lately. 

A few days ago, I was lamenting the fact that I was behind on my LOAD 513 layouts.  Well, my art journal is even worse.  Although I have managed to do “something creative” every day in keeping with my 365 challenge, it has not been in my art journal for a very long time.  In fact, my last published entry was in April.  OUCH! 

So since it’s Tuesday, and since I failed to post art journal pages every Tuesday like I promised, I thought it was high-time I just posted the entire list of prompts to the blog for everyone to download.  The list is also available on the 365 Challenge tab of this blog.  So now there’s no more waiting around for me to post the prompts, and it’s not my fault if you get as far behind as I am.

Here's a page I've been working on.  Have you ever had one of those pages that's looking pretty good and you get a brainstorm to do something to it and it basically wrecks your project?  That's the way this one has gone.  I used acrylic paints, marker and chalk and it looked really good.  But I decided it would look really cool to fill in the magnifying glass with Diamond Glaze.  BAD IDEA.  I thought the book was flat.  I worked really hard to make it flat, but about halfway through filling it in, the glue started to run.  I scooped it up as fast as I could, but it just kept running.  Eventually, I got it under control and it started to dry.  I tried to clean up where the glue ran, but it was no use.  So then I waited a long time for the Diamond Glaze to dry and wouldn't you know it, there was one tacky spot on the whole page and that was the one I happened to touch.  



Oh well, live and learn.  Have you ever had a project that seemed to go from bad to worse?   I'd love to hear about it!



No comments: