Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Valerie's Layout 1

As I mentioned on Monday, I’ve spent the last few months really working to finish up some UFO projects that have been lying around for a while.  If you’re wondering what UFO stands for, it’s an old term I borrowed from a crochet group I once belonged to, and it stands for “UnFinished Objects” meaning any project you’ve started but never finished.  I’ve had so many of those UFOs over the years that I could fill a house with them.  Oh wait…I did….ooops!

Yes, my house is full of unfinished projects, and I am doing my best to try and finish them!

Today’s project came from my UFO box (I have several boxes, but let’s not quibble over semantics).  Valerie Jackson of Creative Sanctuary designed this layout as a class for our 2013 cruise.  We made enough class kits for the instructors to keep a set, and I am just now getting around to working on mine.  Here is Valerie’s original design:




Since I am just now getting around to this layout kit, I didn’t have access to the matching floral stamps Valerie used in the class, so I had to change it up a bit.  This gave me an opportunity to pull out this motif stamp from Paper Parachute.  I’ve been dying to use it on something, and I think this was a great place for it.







As you can see, my layout is just a little bit different from Valerie’s, but I think it maintained the same overall look and feel.  I just love the color combos in this Close to My Heart paper series, don’t you?


Question of the day:  What’s your favorite color combo?

No comments: