Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 19 – When I Grow Up


I’ve had a lot of fun going through my photos for this LOAD.  Since I am trying to stick with stories rather than events, it gives me a lot of great opportunities to use up some of those odd pictures that may be less than perfect or don’t really fit with event-style scrapbooking.  Today’s photo is a perfect example. 


I took this photo 15 years ago when all I had for a camera was an old Pentax-K 35mm and no flash.  I don’t remember the exact circumstances, but it looks like I took the picture in some deep shade with natural side-lighting.  There’s really nothing remarkable about the photo, and I’m sure that many a photography nut would snub it because my son’s face is so poorly lit, but I love this picture.  I love the close-up to my son’s precious face, and I love that he looks so deep in thought, which perfectly underscores the theme of this page.

I know a lot of scrapbook gurus advise you to “get rid of the bad photos” and only keep the best photos for scrapbooking, but I say that’s wrong.  Keep all your photos, but keep them well-organized – you never know when that half-dark, blurry picture will be the perfect picture for the page you’re working on.

No comments: