Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 7 – The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Day 7’s challenge from Lain was to make a page with the theme “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”, but she urged us to stay away from the Christmas pages that the title insinuates.  I thought long and hard about that because really, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year for me, but then I went back to my old standby-by project box and pulled out these photos from a Texas A&M football game. 

Football season is an intensely unique experience in College Station, and Texas A&M Aggies are some of the most fanatical fans in the nation.  Being a Cadet adds a whole ‘nother level of dedication.  It also means that I have pictures from just about every home football game (thanks again to all those Facebook buddies!).  So to give a little perspective on this experience, and to reserve some journaling for other pages, I decided to focus on just one or two aspects of the experience per layout, rather than trying to be totally inclusive of the whole experience on one page.  I had some great panoramic shots of the grandstands from my son’s first game, so for this page, I decided to focus on the 12th man tradition.

A few days after his first football game, the school posted high-def panoramic photos of the student section of the stadium.  Of course, I immediately started taking screen shots at different levels of magnification, right down to a photo where I spotted my own son in the crowd. 

Because the pictures and the background paper were so busy, and I wanted to keep it to one page, I decided to limit my embellishments to a couple of packaged 3D stickers and nothing else.  I can’t decide, though…should I put an arrow or other marker to show Steven in the close-up photo, nor not?

No comments: