Monday, April 28, 2014

Chalk Talk


As I was getting my posts ready for the next Craft Squad blog hop, I realized that I have not posted anything on my blog since the last Craft Squad blog hop.  So I figured I needed to sit my bad little self down here at the computer and jot off something quick.  But what should I show you?  If I wanted to make this a truly quick post, it would have to be some project I’ve already made and photographed so I can just upload it real quick. And nothing would fit that bill better than a cute card we made a while back during our monthly 3rd Wednesday Stamp Club meeting.

Sharon Armstrong, our wonderful Stampin’ Up demonstrator, came up with this chalkboard-style cutie that also happens to be the inspiration for one of my May blog hop projects.



To get this simple chalkboard look on the card, we stamped the sentiment with white pigment ink.  Then we used a sponge to lightly rub a bit of the ink into the black cardstock to make it look like it has been erased.  We also used a white Uniball Signo gel pen to draw some funky lines around the edge of the chalkboard.

That’s it for now.  Be sure to come back for the May hop and see if you can figure out which project this card inspired!


No comments: