Saturday, March 29, 2014

Birthday Boys


Earlier this month I promised some birthday cards in honor of my two favorite guys who happen to have March birthdays.  Masculine birthday cards are always a challenge for me because I tend to like to use flowers and ribbon and bling on my cards.  It is especially challenging to come up with masculine cards for college-aged young men.  

Luckily for me, this year, my son had a milestone birthday, having turned 21!  And what do college boys do on their 21st birthday, they go have a drink.  So to celebrate my son’s birthday, and also to remind him not to drink and drive, I made this fun little punch-art card commemorating his first official beer.  I personalized it by stamping the emblem of his alma mater on the mug.




Don’t worry, inside the card I reminded him not to drink and drive and not to ride with anyone who does.  It helps that he is my rule-follower kiddo, so once you tell him something like that, he’s pretty good about following through.

My other special guy, my husband Mark, also had a birthday this March, too. 



For his card, I used bits and pieces of supplies from several different sources.  The chevron strip, hot air balloon and small label came from Echo Park’s All About a Boy line.   I can’t remember what stamp set “Happy Birthday” came from, but the two thought balloons are from Stampin’ Up’s Just Sayin’ stamp set and matching framelits dies.  The background paper was a scrap I had left over from another project.  I thought it was from October Afternoon, but I can’t figure out which line, so maybe it came from somewhere else.

That’s it for today.  Come back tomorrow for some exciting news about upcoming Crafty Neighbor events and maybe another birthday card or two!

No comments: