Friday, June 21, 2013

Stamping with Dry Embossing


I’m finally back from my anniversary trip to New Orleans.  Oh my gosh, we had so much fun and I saw so many things that inspired me.  I can’t wait to try out a few techniques I saw on some Mardi Gras masks!.  I took lots of pictures of them, so if they turned out, I’ll share some of them here!

I hope you enjoyed my anniversary post while I was gone!  I worked really hard on that layout because I wanted it to look just right. I’m working on some better pictures.  Unfortunately, I finished that layout at the very last minute before we left town and I took a bunch of pictures, but didn’t get to check them until we got to our hotel room in the Big Easy.  I’m working on getting some more pictures, and I’ll replace those terrible ones when I do.

For today, I have two lovely cards for you that were designed by Stampin’ Up demonstrator, Sharon Armstrong.  We created these at one of our 3rd Wednesday Stamp Club meetings.  The reason I wanted to show them to you was because of the technique we used on them that I also used on my wedding layout here:



You old pros already know how to do this, I’m sure, but some of our new stampers may not know how to use stamps along with embossing folders.  I’ve demonstrated this technique a few times, and for some reason people always want to run the paper through the embossing folder first, which you just can’t do.  Well…I guess you could but it won’t have the same cleanly stamped effect at this.


For this first card, we stamped the white paper several times with the brown and/or blue, then we stamped it with the white and embossed it. A sponge tip was used to ink the blue around the white embossed flourish, which wipes right off the white embossed portion with a Kleenex or paper towel.  Running the paper through the embossing folder is actually the last step before adhering all the parts.



I just love the way the stamping looks on the dry embossed paper, don’t you?

On the Calendar:

If you are in the DFW area, head on over to Every Last Scrap in McKinney for the scrapbook garage sale.  You'll be sure to find lots of great new and used products at fantastic prices!  I'll have a couple of tables there, including our breast cancer fundraiser items.  Purchase any of my sale items marked with a pink ribbon and 100% of my profits will be donated to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day.

Mark your calendars now for August 3.  I just got word that we are a “GO” for our summer scrapbook garage sale at the Dallas Girl Scout office.  Stay tuned to our Facebook page and this blog for details.

No comments: