Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hooray! LOAD is Over!


Whew!  I really do love Layout a Day, but boy am I ever glad when it’s over!  LOAD 513 could not have happened at a worse time for me due to all the events going on this spring.  As a result, I got behind for the first time ever.  That really frustrated me, because I’ve always somehow managed to get that layout done every single day, one way or another.  I even managed to keep up through the retreat and the National Scrapbook Day event at Dallas Crafters Marathon.  But the day I came home from the retreat, I was just so exhausted that there was no way I could get a page done.  Then, later in the week, I got busy with work, and it just snowballed from there.  Here it is, June 8, and I am finally working on the very last page of LOAD 513 that should have been finished 8 days ago!

You might ask me why I do LOAD.  I know a lot of people who say they would never do it because they can’t do a page every day.  And it’s true, a lot of people don’t.  That’s okay, too.  I do it because I like to challenge myself, and the daily prompts inspire me to do pages that I never would have thought of otherwise.  Plus, I do get more scrapbook pages done during LOAD than at any other time of the year.

For LOAD 513, we actually had a prompt one day that asked us, “Why?”  Here’s my answer:



Digital layout made using elements from Shabby Princess “Promise” and “Sun Porch by Amy Teets.


No comments: