Monday, May 13, 2013

Guilty


Blog, blog, blog.  Some days that sounds to me like blah, blah, blah.  I’m writing to you in the wee hours of the night because writing a blog post was decidedly not how I wanted to spend my Mother’s Day.  As I mentioned in my last post, I had great plans to sit here with my craft supplies and make something cute.  Didn’t happen.  Well, it did, but not like I planned….

Work always seems to interfere with crafting for me.  It’s one reason I really like to go on crops and retreats; I just need to get away from the house and the office to get anything done.  I won’t bore you with the details of what I did do, but suffice it to say that I didn’t get to sit down to anything crafty until well after 10:00pm tonight, and that was just to do my LOAD 513 project.  So while I did do something crafty, I didn’t get to work on any of the projects I had planned to work on, and I can’t share with you the projects I planned to share.  That means I have no blog post ready to go, and I’ve got to start from scratch.

Today’s LOAD topic was “the usual suspects” and my take on that prompt is a perfect description of what always seems to happen to my day! 




The inspiration for this layout came from pagemap #69 by Susan Stringfellow on her SketchSavvy blog.  The papers are from October afternoon: “Daydream: Freshly Mown Lawn” and “Fly a Kite: Garden”.  These are both older papers, so I love getting to use up little bits of my stash.  The banner was made using the Stampin’ Up! pennant punch, but the layers didn’t go together the way I liked (too much of the aqua paper was visible), so I punched the scalloped triangle in the white and then trimmed off the scallops to make a slightly larger white layer with the scallop barely peeking out.  The title was cut on my Cricut using the Base Camp font.

No comments: