Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bundle of Joy


I know, I know…I promised to post this card the day after the beginning of our Linked In Blog Hop, but I totally forgot that the next post was supposed to be the Tuesday 365 Challenge prompts.  And then on Wednesday, I posted a layout because I was running out of time to get my article done.  My whole week was wrong, wrong, wrong.  So here I am, on Sunday, finally getting around to posting this card. 

Butterflies created with Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die
As you can see, this card is made from the same paper collection as my blog hop layout  It is called Down By the Shore by Fancy Pants Designs.  I also used a little bit of BoBunny’s Double Dot paper to fill in, and Stampin' Up Pacific Point ink.  The stamp came from the dollar bin many, many years ago.  Even though this line is nautical in nature, I just loved the colors and thought they would be perfect for a baby boy layout.  I used it on the baby shower page I did for the blog hop, and then, as always, I used the scraps to make a card.  It just so happens that one of my daughter’s long-time friends from high school is expecting, so this will be a nice little card to send her and her little bundle of joy.

Since I was so busy last week, I didn’t have time to plan for the crop I went to Saturday. That’s where I finally managed to find the time to work on the card I promised.  On my way to this crop, I stopped by a scrapbook samples sale hosted by a gentleman who reps several companies, including Fancy Pants Design.  As luck would have it, he had samples of the full line of the Down by the Shore line, so I bought up his samples, knowing I could do something really cute with it someday.  So I wound up bringing only two projects to the crop:  some little embellishment kits that I will be donating to the Dallas Crafters Marathon group for their May the Fourth Be with You National Scrapbook Day Crop Party weekend and the Down by the Shore paper

I did experiment on this card a bit.  I always like to try something new when I make cards, and I had recently purchased some of Stampin' Up! Heat and Stick Powder.   If you've never used it before, it is an embossing powder that turns into glue when heated with your embossing gun.  Just stamp your image with Versamark ink, dust with the powder, heat until it turns shiny, and it's ready to be dusted with your favorite glitter.  In my haste to get to the crop Saturday, I failed to pack my glitter, but I did have some colored foil, so I thought I'd try the foil on it instead.  It wound up being a miserable fail.  I couldn't get enough of the foil to stick to the glue and wound up having to go back over it with a glue pen to get something akin to the desired results.  In the long run, I would have been better off just stamping the image in a coordinating color of ink and tracing over it with the glue pen.  I might try it again in the future with a different stamp.

I wound up with a little extra time and very limited supplies, so I made a second card from the same paper.  I've been dying to use the little Stampin' Up! Pinwheel die for quite some time, and this card was perfect for it.  The stamps and ink are also Stampin' Up!



I’ve still got quite a bit of this paper left; so don’t be surprised to see more of it over the course of the next few months. There’s no telling what I might do with it!

Don’t forget to check out our first ever Linked In Blog Hop.  We’ve got some great prizes in store for you valued at over $150.  Just follow the links below to see all the great April Showers projects these awesome ladies have designed for you!  You can begin by clicking here:  April Showers Blog Hop.


No comments: