Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lime Rickey 2


Last Thursday, I showed you a few of the cards I made with my leftover paper from the Basic Grey “Lime Rickey” pack.  I’ve made countless cards out of this pack because the colors are so vibrant and they just scream birthday!  I found a few more, and thought I would share them with you.

This first card was for a male friend of ours.  I didn’t want it to be too girly, so I went with some darker colors.  I used my label punch from Stampin’ Up! to make a border around my sentiment.  If you look at it very closely, you will see that it is just two of the large labels turned in opposite directions.



The second card was for my mother, and definitely has more of a girly feel to it, even though it is not over-the-top .  This time I used my cupcake punch with a scrap of the tie-dyed looking paper.  The multi-colored cupcakes are a great way to tie odd colors together on a card.



Okay, this last card technically isn’t “Lime Rickey”, but it did come from the same leftover cardstock, and I just love this bold color combo. 



Okay, that’s it for the Lime Rickey, I promise!  I just couldn’t resist showing you how many different cards you can make just from scraps.  Do you have a scrap stash that you go to when you need to make a card?  Or do you start fresh with all new products?

No comments: