Saturday, February 23, 2013

Team Spirit

You may recall my mention of the Scrapbook Expo finally coming to the Dallas area.  I am so excited! As I write this blog post (on Thursday night), I am getting my supplies all packed up for the crop there tomorrow.  I'm really anxious to see if it is everything I've heard it was.  From everything I've seen, heard, or read, I really think that the convention will be great and the crop will be a lot of fun.

Expo does something with their crops that I have always loved when stores did it -- using a theme.  The theme for the Friday crop is "Team Spirit", so the girls and I decided to go all out and show our team spirit.  We decided on a "football rivalries" theme for our group's table, and we're focusing on four teams from the Texas-Oklahoma area with a long history:  Texas A&M, University of Texas, Texas Tech, and the University of Oklahoma.  

My part of our decorations was to decorate some paint cans which we're going to use as a sort of "flower pot" for some rosettes that Stephanie is making.  We've got some other decorations that the other girls are making and we're going to each dress in the colors of one of the schools.  If that's not team spirit, I don't know what is!  

Since the other girls are making some of the other decorations, I don't have pictures yet, but I hope to share them with you over the next couple of days.  In the mean time, here is a picture of the cans so far, and we'll leave it at that.  These cans could be dressed up really cute and sent to your favorite college student during exam time.  Fill it up with granola bars, candy, popcorn, money, and more.  For a girl, you can add ribbon, beads or tulle to the handle plus a little bling.  What student wouldn't be thrilled?

Well that's it for now.  I need to get my stuff packed!  Stephanie will be picking me up bright and early and we have a lot of shopping and cropping to do tomorrow!  Remember, if you happen to see me say hello!

No comments: