Tuesday, February 26, 2013

365 Week 9


It’s already well past midnight, I just finished my LOAD page for today, and I need to work on my art journal.  Have I mentioned that the LOAD challenge is a little too much right now?  Don’t get me wrong, I love doing it, and normally I would really be enjoying the process, but trying to do it while keeping up with the art journal and the blog is way more work than I thought it would be.  So for that reason, I’m going to keep my a365 project recap short and sweet….

Day 50:  Yearly….

I made this simple page to illustrate something I do every year – take a cruise.  I tore pieces from a magazine.  The sky was the background of one page and the water was the shirt a model was wearing on another.  The ship came from an old cruise brochure.  I feel like it needs something more, but I haven’t decided what yet.


Am I afraid of change?

This page evolved after I tried a technique that failed.  I’m quickly learning that art journaling isn’t always about putting what you envision down on the paper.  Sometimes a page developes as you work your way through the steps.  Sometimes I don’t even know what the steps are; I just do whatever feels right at the time.


Which direction am I going?

This is another page that kind of just evolved.  I knew I wanted to use some maps and my compass stamps.  Then all the other pieces fell into place.  As I hunted through my stamps for whatever might work, the page began to take form.


Math

This page was made using a piece of ledger paper, stamps, and spraying some glimmer mist over masks.  It was simple and quick.


Never underestimate the power of…

I’ve been wanting to use this piece of paper for a while.  It was actually a card sent to me by a friend.  It was so pretty, I just had to use it.  I decided on the scalloped circles to illustrate my answers because they matched well with the pattern.  You may notice there are some additions to this one that are not on the version I posted to the Flickr group -- namely the gold scalloped circle that says "prayer". 



Daydream…

Daydream was a hard topic for me.  I don’t spend a lot of time daydreaming any more, and when I do, it’s usually work related – how boring!  So I dug deep in my past for a time when I used to daydream about being a performer.  Some magazine clippings I found made a great collage.



Wealthy

The first thought I had when I read this prompt was, “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”  And since that didn’t really fit my intentions for this page, I went looking for something better.  The artwork isn’t all that pretty, but I love the quote.



That’s it for this week.  I hope you are keeping up better than I am.  I’ve had a few days where I barely had time to start my project for the day and wound up having to finish it on the next.  I have just three more days of LOAD and then everything will settle back down to normal for a while.  Whew! 

Here’s your next 7 prompts:

  • My nickname
  • The greatest gift
  • Salad days
  • Rejuvenation
  • The kitchen
  • Adventure
  • If I had a magic carpet…




No comments: