Thursday, January 17, 2013

More LOAD 512


Where does the time go?  I can’t believe it has been almost a year since I first signed up for Layout A Day! If you haven’t heard of Layout-A-Day (aka LOAD), then you are truly missing out!  This is one of the most exhilarating challenges I have ever participated in, and I learned so much about myself and about my scrappin’ style that I can’t even begin to tell you about it!

LOAD is lead by Lain Ehman, a super fun scrappy vlogger and the owner of Scrap Happy.  Each day, Lain presents a video along with a challenge and scrappers have to compete at least one Layout-a-Day. 

I enjoyed myself so much last year that I had to do it again in May.  It was also one source of inspiration for starting our 365 challenge.  While I participated in LOAD, I shared some of my layouts and the challenges that Lain presented us with.  I never got around to sharing all of them, so I thought I’d give you a peek at a few of them now. 

Day 27:  Sketchy Sunday

This was a quick and easy page I whipped out to fulfill the Sketchy Sunday requirement.  I thought the layout worked really well for the assortment of towel animal photos I took on one of our cruises.  The simple layout allows the photos to be the focal point of the page.

Day 28.  Manic Monday

Speed is the name of the game.  Participants were directed to grab the first photo that caught our eye, scraplift the first design that catches our eye from the LOAD gallery, and use the first products our eyes jump to on our work area.  Luckily for me, I had some cute paper stacks I had bought on our Spring Break trip and you might recognize the photo as one that I already used on Day 8 of LOAD when I detailed a typical day in my husband’s life!

Day 29:  Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

The thing I love about LOAD is that it teaches me to be fast.  Not every page has to be a gorgeous masterpiece.  Sometimes something simple will work just as well.  Especially on boy pages.  For day 29, our prompt was inspired by the children’s book, “Alexander’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” by Judith Viorst.  Lain asked us to tackle a tough topic by scrapbooking a really bad day.

If you’re interested in LOAD, you can find more information at http://www.layoutaday.com/load213/.  I’ve joined again for February 2013 (LOAD 213) and will be sharing some of my layouts here on this blog.

Until then, go do something creative!

 

No comments: