Friday, June 29, 2012

Pete and Repeat


There’s no such thing as too much of a good thing.  Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess, right?  When it comes to page layouts, I think so!

I’ve mentioned before that I like to repeat layouts.  Sometimes I just don’t want to think too hard; I want to get the page done and move on to the next project.  And if something worked once, chances are it will work again, and again, and again.

I didn’t intend to repeat the same page layout three days in a row, but when I got to Day 24 of LOAD, I made what I thought was a really cute page.  And then when I sat down to work on Day 25, I was really busy, so I just made a few changes and copied it.  So then, when I sat down to work on Day 26, can you believe what the prompt for the day was?  You guessed it – Scraplift Yourself!

Here they are…three not-so-identical triplets.  As you can see, they are alike in many ways, but each page still has a personality of its own.

Day 24:  Overheard conversation

Lain challenged us to use snippets of over-heard conversations for this page, so I chose to concentrate on my daughter’s first words.  I wanted to keep the page simple, but cute.


Day 25:  Taste

I got really busy on Day 25, so when Lain prompted us to use the sense of “Taste” for our layouts, I was at a loss until I ran across some pictures of my son making a mess while eating.  And rather than waste even more time trying to come up with something original, I just opted to repeat the previous day’s page in a mirror image.  The two layouts will wind up in two separate books, so it really doesn’t matter that they are the same.


Day 26:  Scraplift Yourself

Imagine my surprise (and laughter, too), when I discovered that Lain’s prompt for Day 26 was to scraplift the previous day’s page.  Uhm…hey, Lain…I already did that!  Never-the-less, I had fun creating this page in triplicate, and I doubt it will be the last time I copy myself (although it probably won’t be on the very next day!)


Garage Sale
If you are in the Dallas area next weekend, stop by our Scrapbook Garage Sale at 6001 Summerside Drive, Dallas, inside the Joann Fogg Girl Scout Service Center.  We have about 20 sellers who are anxious for you to come see all their old scrapbooking supplies, tools, and embellishments.  Unfortunately, we do not have any space for more sellers, but there will be lots of good deals, and you do not want to miss out!  For more information, please visit our website.  The sale runs from 10:00 AM until 3:00PM.  Please use the entrance at the rear of the building.

Scrapbooking Cruise
Yep, I know…I sound like a broken record.  But did you know that we still have space on our 2012 scrapbooking cruise and time is running out to get in on this great deal!  We had some cancellations last week, so we now have 6 cabins we need to fill.  Give us a call or email before July 1 and we will make you a very sweet deal!  Payment plans are available, and you will not find another scrapbooking cruise at this low, low price!



Breast Cancer Crop
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Pam’s Pals, it is our annual breast cancer benefit crop.  In the past, we have given the proceeds to breast cancer patient, Pam Wilemon, but now that she is celebrating FIVE YEARS of survival, we want to help others be survivors, too!  All profits are donated to breast cancer charities.  So come out and help us celebrate by helping us raise money to save more lives!



No comments: