Friday, June 22, 2012

Four LOAD Layouts


Okay, so I started a post on Father’s Day that was going to include the next three layouts for LOAD 512.  Coincidentally, they were all pages themed for men.  And of course, I never got them posted.  So here’s three masculine layouts from LOAD, and a bonus ½ page:

Day 20:  Sketchy Sunday


For Load 512, every Sunday is Sketchy Sunday and our challenge is to work from a sketch.  I work from sketches all the time and have become pretty adept at transfiguring them into something entirely different.  This layout isn’t entirely different, but I did make a few changes.  This is a very simple layout for me.  I didn’t use a lot of embellishments or paper.  I wanted the focus to be the photos.



Day 21:  5-5-5

This challenge was a little harder, though.  I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a very fast scrapbooker.  That’s one of the reasons I like doing LOAD, because it forces me to make decisions and get the page put together quicker than I might if I weren’t tryng to beat the clock.  This time we had 5 minutes to choose the photos, 5 minutes to choose the products, and 5 minutes to journal.  I am very pleased to say I managed to do exactly that – barely.  Lain had some great tips for helping us break that speed barrier, including using song lyrics or lists for journaling and using kits for product selections.  I did us parts of a kit for my products – they went perfectly with the photos.




Day 22:  Inanimate Object's POV

The suggestion for this page came from the messy girl herself.  When my daughter was little, she would carry-on whole conversations with herself while she rode in the back of the car.  She had lots of different and very distinct voices and it was all we could do to keep from just busting out laughing at some of the things that came out of her mouth.  She could imitate just about anyone, and she was quite the little comedian.  So when I needed to do an inanimate object page, her messy room was a total no brainer.  I love doing stuff like this because not only does it put a little levity into our scrapbooks, which makes them more interesting for others to read, but I also love creating that little glimpse of our personal lives so that we can look back on it with fond memories.  It’s not enough to just have some pictures of her messy room with a block of journaling that says it’s messy.  That doesn’t tell us anything about the person that Christen is (was), but by making fun of her messy nature in this way, you can really see just what kind of personality she really does have.


Day 23:  Half-Sized Page

I thought I’d throw in one more for today so that I can keep the next set together (you’ll see why in my next post).  This challenge was actually something I had just asked another scrapbooker about a few days before – half-sized pages.  One of the bloggers from LOAD adds a lot of 12x6 page layouts to her albums.  This half-sized format is perfect for those times when you have a little bit that needs to be scrapbooked, but you don’t want to make a whole page out of it.  I don’t know how many times I have scrapbooked a page only to find some random photo or piece of memorabilia MONTHS later after it’s much too late to add it to the already existing page.  I don’t want to change a layout that I’m perfectly happy with to make it fit, nor do I want to make a whole 12x12 page out of it.  Making a half page is a great idea and you can add it between the existing pages.  I was really excited to try this format when it popped up as the challenge – it worked perfectly for this page at the end of my cruise.  Oh, and you can purchase the 12x6 page protectors at Scrapbook.com



Next up:  some more Pete and Repeat...sort of....


No comments: